disc 1: 01 intro 02 Believe I've Found 03 Infra Riot 04 Firmament Vacation 05 Heading for a Breakdown 06 Broken Imaginary Time 07 Transcendental Suicide 08 Bigtime 09 Grand Canaria 10 Instant Repeater '99 11 Mother One Track Mind 12 Sister Surround disc 2: E1: 01 Song for the Others 02 Age of No Reply 03 Nevermore E2: 04 Mantra Slider 05 Jehovah Sunrise Topic: Live concert Source: dpa4061 > mps6010 > pcm-m1 (as an A/D) > custom optical out > njb3
disc 1: 01 intro 02 Believe I've Found 03 Infra Riot 04 Independent Luxury 05 In Someone Elses Mind 06 Heading for a Breakdown 07 Broken Imaginary Time 08 Century Child 09 The Flood 10 Midnight Children (w/Tonight intro) 11 Still Aging 12 Bigtime 13 Instant Repeater '99 14 Mother One Track Mind 15 Sister Surround disc 2: E1: 01 Song for the Others 02 Transcendental Suicide 03 Nevermore 04 21st Century Rip Off E2: 05 All for Sale 06 Confrontation Camp Topic: Live concert Source: dpa4061 > mps6010 > tcd-d7 (as an A/D) > custom optical out > njb3
Pekka Haavisto, member of the Finnish parliament (eduskunta), talking about nuclear power at a public meeting with Green candidates to the Helsinki City Council. Allotria restaurant, 2012-10-16. Topics: Pekka Haavisto, nuclear power, Helsinki, Finland, Green Party, Vihreat, De Grona, Suomi, ydinvoima
A performance at an improvised music club arranged by Tommi Keränen (mad props, great venue!), stomping on a tin sheet of metal with tap dancing shoes and screaming my head off, trying to switch rapidly between emotional tones and volumes. Or, in other words, some nutcase stomping and yelling until he's exhausted...in about 8 minutes... Warning! Extreme variations of volume. Turn it down at first, or my first scream will blow your ears. Topics: improv, Finland
1. Space Intro>Theres One 2. All Creatures 3. Dragons Cave 4. Ride the Red Horse 5. Back on the Headless Track 6. FireTripper 7. Storm of my Enemies 8. Too Stoned Topic: Live concert Source: Core Sound mics > Minidisc
CD1 1. Entering into a Spacey Place 28:03 2. Monitor Problems 2:34 3. Bite you in the Ass 17:10 CD2 1. Jam for Juha 16:31 2. We ended up in Spain 22:09 3. Helsinki Freakout 10:36 Source: Recorded on Edirol R-09 with Core Sound Cardiod Mics.
01. The World Outside The Window 8:07 02. Witching Hour 3:41 03. Big City 3:58 04. The House On The Hill 7:15 05. Raven 5:30 06. Midnite Dynamos 3:36 07. You Get What I'm Feeling 3:30 08. Motorways 5:16 Topics: Psychedelic, rock Source: SBD > MD
Length: 8:06 minutes. "Heinon Keijo, moi!" A gig at Vadelma-Klubi in Helsinki. Standing in the middle of a crowd in a dark passage playing electric guitar on a 10 watt amp and screaming, wearing black clothes, a long black wig and black sunglasses. A tribute to Keiji Haino. Recorded with a cheap stereo mike on minidisk, transferred via analog line to computer. Topics: improv, Finland
1. Space Intro 4:23 2. Lepakkomies Country Shuffle 3. Sliding Away 9:14 4. Our Finnish Friends 12:21 5. Mogens, the new manager at Hesburger 14:09 6. It doesn't taste like Plastic 12:34 7. Jaire's birthday Jam 16:39 8. Batman leaves the Cave 5:04 Topic: psychedelic, space rock, improvised, pink floyd Source: Edirol R-09 with Core Sound Cardiod Mics.
CD1 1. The Owl smoked the Skunk 2. Semifinal SpaceGroove 3. Hammers and Nails CD2 1. Unknown Universe 2. Band Intros 3. Choose your Key 4. Where did he come From? Topics: space rock, psychedelic, improvised Source: Edirol E-09 with Core Sound Cardiod Mics
CD1 Set I Synth Intro 3:02 Price fixing in the Space Rock Market 17:12 Riff Fishing 21:32 Ace of Space 18:20 CD2 Lipstick Kangaroo 23:02 Set II Working Man's Space Rock Choice for the Night 19:43@ Samu's first Trip 16:03 @ Smoke another One 15:43@ CD3 Psychedelic Blues Caravan 19:46* The last blow out 13:49 Topic: improvised, space rock, miles davis, jazz, pscyhedelic Source: Audience>Edirol R-09 with Core SOund Cardiod microphones.
01. Intro (Ode To Isis) 02. Will You Smile Again 03. It Was There That I Saw You 04. The Rest Will Follow 05. Days Of Being Wild 06. Catervaul 07. Aged Dolls 08. A Perfect Teenhood 09. Mistakes & Regrets 10. How Near How Far 11. Totally Natural ------------- 12. (talking) 13. Heart In The Hand Of The Matter 14. Richter Scale Madness ( 2 reviews ) Topic: Live concert Source: AT831 Cardioids > Sound Professionals Battery Box > Sony TCD-D8 @44.1kHz
Length: 12:59 minutes. The Rational and Its Double A recitation of René Descartes' Meditations Metaphysiques, accompanied by acoustic guitar and the squeaking of rubber rats, at Kiasma, Finland's national museum of modern art. I got there rather through the back door. The yearly Pixelache video art festival invited the Placard internet festival organizers to set up in the hallway, and since I had participated at previous Placards, they asked me, as well. Now that I've performed in this high... ( 1 reviews ) Topics: improv, Finland
This is a journey of Mexico, Chile, and Brazil, a brief glimpse of the life and the land of those countries. This is what I wanted to share of those cultures with my multicultural class in Finland as we, on our next to the last day of our course at Helsinki Diakoniaopisto, made food from Latin America; Brazil, Chile, and Mexico. Yes, there is a pinata with its ensuing comedy. Topic: Helsinki, monikulttuurinen ruoanvalmistus, talouskoulu, TK11
Disc One 01 Intro 02 Oh My Sweet Carolina 03 Tomorrow 04 Sweet Lil Gal (23rd/1st) 05 To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) 06 The Fools We Are As Men 07 SYLVIA PLATH 08 Call Me On Your Way Back Home 09 Bartering Lines 10 My Winding Wheel 11 La Cienega Just Smiled 12 Dear Chicago 13 You Will Always Be The Same 14 When The Stars Go Blue 15 Brown Sugar 16 Firecracker 17 Everything's Alright Disc Two Encore 01 Crowd/Chat 02 The Bar Is A Beautiful Place 03 I Still Miss Someone 04 Desire 05... ( 1 reviews ) Topic: Live concert Source: AUD
1. Space Intro 3:43 2. Lepakkomies Country Shuffle 4:38 3. Sliding Away 8:55 4. Our Finnish Friends 12:44 5. Mogens, the new manager at Hesburger 14:04 6. It doesn't taste like Plastic 12:40 7. Jaire's birthday Jam 16:39 8. Batman leaves the Cave 6:10 Topic: psychedelic, improvised, space rock, pink floyd Source: 24 track recording directly to Mac Computer
01. Steve Wynn intro banter 02. See That My Grave Is Kept Clean 03. My Old Haunts 04. The Side I'll Never Show 05. Loving The Sinner, Hating The Sin 06. Burn 07. The Medicine Show 08. Now I Ride Alone 09. Black 10. When You Smile 11. Halloween 12. Boston 13. John Coltrane Stereo Blues* 14. Cinnamon Girl Topics: Steve Wynn, Dream Syndicate Source: SBD
01 intro 02 Yes! I am a Long Way from Home 03 Travel is Dangerous 04 Friend of the Night 05 Ithica 27-9 06 Folk Death 95 07 I Know You are But What am I? 08 Acid Food 09 Hunted By a Freak 10 Mogwai Fear Satan 11 Killing All the Flies 12 New Paths to Helicon, Part 1 13 Glasgow Megasnake --- 14 Cody 15 We're No Here ( 1 reviews ) Source: Octava MC012 (DIN @ SBD) > UA-5 > MT2496 @ 24bit/48kHz
01 [intro] 02 Mystery 03 Little Fucker 04 And How 05 Teddy Bear 06 We Are Mean 07 Stop The Horse 08 [hi-hat problems] 09 Bilocating Dog 10 The Mad Passion Of The Stoic 11 Phil The Fiddler 12 Old Hotel 13 ??? 14 Independence Day 15 Everybody Hurts (R.E.M.) Source: SP-CMC-2 > SP-SPSB-6 > Sony MZ-NH700 (PCM WAV)
Minun maahanmuuttajien kouluryhma meni kayman Suomenlinnassa. Siella me kuuliemme etta seuravana syksyna meidan ryhmat yhdistetan toisen ryhman kanssa. An group of immigrants are confronted by the historical island fortress of Finland, Suomenlinna. There two sets of students learn that their groups would be merged into one next fall. Topics: Suomenlinna, Helsinki, Finland, Fonseca
Arcada Polytechnic arranged a seminar about Creative Commons in Helsinki Finland. Speakers in the seminar were Sanna Marttila, Neil Leyton and Henrik Ingo. This video contains Neil Leytons speech in the seminar. Topics: Neil, Leyton, Creative Commons, Teosto, Arcada, Helsinki, Suomi, Finland
A brief study of pedestrian behaviour at the entrance of a major department store in the centre of Helsinki. A group of street musicians provide the rhythm for this trivial choreography. Topics: urban studies, psychogeography, spontaneous, street photography, video art, helsinki, finland,...
The final public event of the neoscenes "remote presence :: streaming life" workshop at MUU Gallery, Helsinki, this was a feature event at the Pixelache Festival 2007. Topics: field recording, phonography, soundscape, sound art, soundmap, radio, ephemeral, listening, radio...
a warming early spring sunshine, finally looking a bit red-shifted (still much of the winter blue-shift left, however), night air still very cold, far below zero -- footsteps leave this sonic trace. Topics: field recording, phonography, soundscape, sound art, soundmap, radio, ephemeral, listening, radio...
Rowing to Vartiosaari. Vartiosaari is an island only accessible by boat. Island has some residents, who live there all year round, summer residents and couple of artist studios.Recorded by the 1st mate: Milos Zahradka. Rowing by the captain: Erno-Erik Raitanen. Recorded with Zoom H2 on a nice and warm sunny autumn day. Topics: field recording, phonography, soundscape, sound art, soundmap, radio, ephemeral, listening, radio...
Wintertime in Helsinki, by the end of the nighty day. Some public spaces are transformed into ice hockey stadium. Walking along the street, one can hear the sound of pucks shocking on the wood borders, the comments on the sport radio & the screams of the players reverberated on the buildings around. Snowy environment can also be heard in the footsteps & specific sound of cars & trams rolling by. Topics: field recording, phonography, soundscape, sound art, soundmap, radio, ephemeral, listening, radio...